Aug 30, 2007

Hello from Fruitland




Hi everyone,
I took Mindy's advice and made our own bloog for you all to see. We're working on the cabin rental for next years' reunion and there has been some new developments. Upon arriving home from the reunion we emailed about the cabin in park city and found out that it would be $600 a night...yikes! So we are going with our second option which is a lovely cabin just east of Heber called "Timber Lakes Estates."
We were going to find out more but we had to go to our dear Grandmother's funeral. Where we contracted the flu and barfed off a few pounds.
(thanks a lot Penny)
Now that we are somewhat back to normal, we're again finding out about the cabin, and here is what we've found as of today:
  1. It is a 5 bedroom 3.5 bathroom cabin http://www.vrbo.com/114800
  2. You can visit that site to look at the cabin and they also have a link to do a virtual tour.
  3. The master bedroom is located on the main floor and has a master bath and king size bed.
  4. beds 1 and 2 are upstairs and they have a queen and a twin in each room.
  5. beds 3 and 4 are located in the basement and one has a queen/full bunk bed and the other has a queen.
  6. I'll wager that there is a bathroom in the basement and one upstairs with a half bath on the main floor.
  7. Linens are provided as well as all cooking utensils and tools. We only need to provide food and tolietries .
  8. Our only problem is this: It is still a 5 bedroom house and that leaves two families without bedrooms.
  9. Our solution which still doesn't provide a bedroom is this. Two beds could be taken from a couple bedrooms to provide for the couple who stay in the loft and then airbeds can be blown up for the basement.
  10. the cost breakdown will be as follows:
  • Master bedroom will pay $250.00 for the rent
  • bedrooms 1,2,3 and 4 will pay $212.50 for the rent
  • Loft and Basement will only pay $150.00 for their rent
  • Food will be done by each individual family so that only one meal will be required by everyone... except the 8th meal which will be Saturday morning and most likely we can have left over breakfast items and other leftovers.
  • who has what meal is still TBA.
  • Any treaties with which you bring and place in the common fridge may be subject to taxation and should be of a delicious nature.
  • Any and all beverage contents located in afore mentioned fridge may also be heavily taxed, and again they should contain delectable volumes which can slide smoothly down said taxers' throat.
So far the cabin looks wonderful. I think it will be in a beautiful area with aspens and trails to ride atv's and lakes close by and birds whistling sweet melodic tunes and crying babies of various ages and lets not forget poopy diapers and adults with little to no sleep and moody children and everything wonderful about reunions.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

YES! I'm so glad you started a blog. I think it's funny that you guys got the flu...like funny as in interesting because we didn't get it. I tried to convince you guys to take goldenseal but no body listens to my herbal treatment ideas. Anyway the reunion plan is awesome. YOu are doing a way better job then I did. Thanks for planning it and thanks again for starting a blog! Your post is funny and I can't wait to read more.
Love ya.

Jana said...

I love the cabin Idea. I am willing to sleep in whatever space affords me sleep and a room with a Queen and some bunks sounds like it would fit us great too, so whatever works. I'm so glad you made a blog. I Love to read what you write.the address for mine is anonymossity.blogspot.com. Hope We'll get to see your pic's soon.
Love you.

Dr. E said...

Dan, I don't know if you go back and read these or if you have it set up so that it notifies your email or not but I like the idea. Get back to me or shoot me an email about the times again so that I can pic my leave for next year. It should be coming up here in the next month or so. Thanks.