Dan has been extra busy with carpet cleaning and we are so thankful. We had to fix the truck and get new tires on the van. The beginning of August came so fast and now we are nearing the end. Dan went whitewater rafting with my work and I went to Leadore for my cousin's wedding. It was fun to see a lot of family from my mom's side I haven't seen for 7 years. Most of them had not met my boys and it was fun to show them off. My mom went with me and we had a fun time.
After we returned home I had a busy week of working full time and celebrating Lane's birthday. Lane opened presents in the morning and received a basketball and new DS game. We celebrated by going to Roaring Springs Water Park. It was fun, but not really worth the cost for the little ones. After the water park, we went to dinner and then came home for cake. Lane wanted a Phineas and Ferb cake since that is his favorite show right now. I couldn't find one at the store and I didn't have time to configure one. So I ended up buying a decorated cake from the Wal-Mart bakery and adding a party decoration that had the characters on it. I think it turned out good and Lane was happy.
We went camping over the weekend and had fun with the Griffith's. Camping is more fun with other people. We split meal preparation and it turned out great. The only down side is I sprained my ankle, but not too bad. I have pictures, but they are on the other camera in the camp trailer. We had fun fishing and the boys each caught a fish. Lane gets to meet his teacher on Monday and starts school on Thursday. I am not quite ready for him to be gone all day to school. I hope he and I adjust okay. I worry about him eating his lunch, getting hungry, getting tired, getting bored, and so on. I am sure things will be great.
We will just get into the routine of school and then head to the Oregon Coast over Labor Day. I am so excited and everyone I tell says how great it is to visit there. It might become an annual tradition. Well I feel like I am somewhat current on the happenings in our house. Enjoy the last few weeks of summer!
1 comment:
Wow! So much going on. I need to get a pressure canner so I can bottle green beans and potatoes and things. We have done lots of dilly beans and Nanking cherry jam. Just waiting for peaches and tomatoes.
Glad you are all doing well. Love ya!
Post a Comment