Nov 2, 2012

An End to Canning


Monday the boys were out of school and I had the day off.  After going to CrossFit, I decided to make more applesauce since it was a foggy, dreary day.  Also, I had been feeling guilty about having empty jars.  Luckily, my friend Kristina Larsen had apples for sale.  I ended up with 4 boxes of apples, 3 for applesauce and 1 for eating.  Well I spent about 8 hours doing applesauce and ended up with 26 quarts and 4 pints and no empty jars!  The pantry is stocked with home canned foods for winter now.  The boys are great help and love to spin the food mill, plunge down the apples, and clean out the waste.

1 comment:

Trenton & Maren said...

You are an amazing mom, JaNeil! Don't know how you get it all done. Great job with filling your jars. I was feeling guilty having some empty jars too and they may just stay that way unless I get the gumption to do something more!