May 30, 2008

Owen's Big Day

Today is Owen's first birthday. It has been a fun day. It always seems like the first birthday sneaks up on you and your baby is no longer a baby. He has been walking the past week. He takes 5 or 6 steps then sits down, but I am sure it will be more soon. He had a fun time watching Lane open his presents and then play with his presents. Lane is learning to share, but sharing something new is always harder.


I made Owen a dinosaur cake and I thought it turned out pretty good and Owen loved digging into it and we had a good time watching. Owen has also learned to hold up one finger just in time for his first birthday.

7 comments:

Trenton & Maren said...

Cute cake! You did a great job. I can't believe Owen is starting to walk. Crazy how quick they learn it. We'll definitely have to get together this month. It's been a while.

Anonymous said...

Love love love Owen's chocolate face. I can't believe he is one! Time really does fly huh? The camera we got is a Casio exilim 10 mp loaded with awesome features. It has a 2.7" LCD on back. It is amazing and B.'s new favorite toy. We got it at Sam's Club. It is so great! It also has a rechargeable lithium battery. Very cool.

Dr. E said...

I, like everyone else, cannot believe that Owen is 1. I'm sorry I didn't send a card. My birthday calendar is still packed somewhere at my sister's house in Great Falls. I have missed so many birthdays. That is a great cake you made. I am impressed.

Trenton & Maren said...

Janeil we got Trenton into Dr. George Wade at the Idaho Sports Medicine Clinic by BSU. It should be good! Let you know what happens.

Trenton & Maren said...

Date swap sounds great and Trenton has Thursday the 12th and Saturday the 14th off. So that would work great if we watch your kids on Thursday, and our Anniversary is on Sunday so we were hoping to go out on Saturday to celebrate. Let us know if that works. Oh, I have a menu for the lunches at the park. They serve corn dogs, nachos, chicken nuggets, hamburgers, crispitos, pizza, etc. Normal kid food. I think we'll try to go today. Oh, and Trenton is having a PT eval done next Tuesday morning at 9 at your workplace. Who do you think he'll see?

Melinda said...

WOW he's looking like a big boy. Very cool cake too! Happy Birthday little buddy!!

Melinda said...

Yeah I knew yours would be Desert Spice. I took the quiz several times and only changed a couple of answers. Desert Spice was one of my secondary choices. cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com for backgrounds.