Jul 19, 2008
Surprise Visit
Dan surprised us this weekend by coming home. I am so glad he came home. It has been a long week for me working extra hours and being the only parent. He figured what he would spend on food this weekend could go to gas instead. We are planning a garden feast this evening. I picked my first tomatoes, green peppers, and onions to make fresh salsa. I also have green beans that I have collected through the week. I picked my first bunch of jalapenos too and we plan to make poppers tonight to go with our beans, salsa and chips, and steak (my mom brought us some last weekend). Also earlier this week I have enjoyed my first zucchini and beets. I am so excited to be harvesting from our garden. My tomato plants are the best I have ever grown here. I hope to have enough to do some canning of stewed tomatoes and salsa. Well, back to Dan , he has three more weeks left of training. We are sad to miss the reunion and I have thought numerous times about coming with the boys, but I have the truck, which will cost a lot of money for gas to get there and back, and I have two little boys that I would be traveling with by myself, which could turn into a nightmare, but I do want to come sooooo bad. I want to see Mom and Dad's new house and Mindy's new baby and all my other family that I haven't seen for a long time. Well we will see how things are money wise in a couple of weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, if you would brave the trip to Vernal with your two boys I would happily pay for your gas. I just want to see you, anyway I can get you there is OK with me.
Post a Comment