Aug 9, 2008

Dan's Graduation






I woke up at 3:30 AM to get ready and be to the Boise Airport by 5:30. I then caught a flight at 6:20 to fly to Portland. From Portland I rented a car and drove to Salem for Dan's graduation from DPSST (Department of Public Safety Standards and Training). His graduation started at 11 AM, which would be 12 PM our time. The graduation lasted approximately an hour. The graduates marched in behind the colorguard and a man playing the bagpipes. Dan then sang the national anthem. There was a speech given by a lady that works in the corrections department locally, awards given for outstanding accomplishments, and then diplomas handed out. We took some pictures; one of Dan, one of Dan with Brian Wolfe - the Under Sheriff from Mahleur County, and one of Dan and I. Dan then changed, and we went out to eat at Olive Garden before heading home. It was a long 7 hours especially with both of us being tired. We finally made it home around 10 PM. We picked up the boys from our friends, the Jenks, and headed home to go to bed. I am thankful I have such great friends that I can rely on to watch my boys. In the morning they were watched by our friends, the Starr's. They then dropped the boys off at our friends the Jenks' for the rest of the day. It was a long day, but I was glad to do it and support Dan in his accomplishment and new career.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Holy Crap! I didn't even see this post!!! I didn't know Dan could sing like. He did so good! Congratulations on graduating Dan! YAY!

Jana said...

DANIEL! I am so awed. That was so brave of you to stand up there and sing in front of all those people like that. That is something that would be so scary for me. You have such a nice voice too.Congratulation on your graduation. That took a lot of hard work and sacrifice, I know, and I'm proud of you;for what it's worth. I have amazing brothers and sisters.