The boys have been having fun playing outside in the mornings while I pull weeds or pick veggies from the garden. On Saturday, they had fun digging in the dirt from the garden and filling the Tonka truck and dumping it on the patio. Owen also had fun picking green tomatoes and then eating them. The little rascal had two picked before I could tell him no. He then ate them and I thought he would spit it out, but seemed to enjoy it for the first few bites before getting tired of his new found treat. Today we were again outside. This time I was spraying the dirt off the patio and of course this made mud and a mud hole where they had dug a hole on Saturday. They had fun playing in the mud too. I stripped them down and put them in the bath after their fun adventure. Again today Owen was able to pick a green tomato and went to eating. The boys have been a lot of fun this summer. I have enjoyed letting them play outside while I do yard work.
Aug 18, 2008
Dirt, Mud, and Green Tomatoes
The boys have been having fun playing outside in the mornings while I pull weeds or pick veggies from the garden. On Saturday, they had fun digging in the dirt from the garden and filling the Tonka truck and dumping it on the patio. Owen also had fun picking green tomatoes and then eating them. The little rascal had two picked before I could tell him no. He then ate them and I thought he would spit it out, but seemed to enjoy it for the first few bites before getting tired of his new found treat. Today we were again outside. This time I was spraying the dirt off the patio and of course this made mud and a mud hole where they had dug a hole on Saturday. They had fun playing in the mud too. I stripped them down and put them in the bath after their fun adventure. Again today Owen was able to pick a green tomato and went to eating. The boys have been a lot of fun this summer. I have enjoyed letting them play outside while I do yard work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How fun to have a garden. I can't wait until next year so I can plant one. I can't believe Owen is eating green tomatoes. That's hilarious.
We are excited for you guys to come in October. That's awesome that work will pay for part of it. We'll find some fun things to do while you are here.
Funny! Your comment about the baby bug. I definitely felt it. I was so excited for my sister and I loved holding their little boy. But I still know I need more time. Crazy how that works. It makes me realize, though, that I'm definitely not done.
Gardening is great isn't it? I'm not loving the work involved right now cuz it's hard with Addy but Garrett is doing most of it anyway. I do love the fresh produce though. I can't believe Owen likes green tomatoes. Kids are so funny like that.
Post a Comment