Dan and I decided to go camping over Labor Day. We left on Sunday evening and came back on Tuesday a little before noon. We went to Sumpter, Oregon, which is about 2 hours from our house. We camped in our tent. It was chilly. The highs during the day were 60s and nights down into the 30s. We bundled up and stayed warm. The roughest part was getting out of bed in the morning and getting dressed.
Owen was cranky both mornings and not a happy camper. We think he was cold, but he didn't want to wear his hat or gloves and just walked around whining. After it started warming up and he started playing he was okay. Lane did pretty good. We took their bikes to ride. They also had fun dragging around the big shovel and broom. They enjoyed our FHE nature walk where they learned about trees, pinecones, stumps, and bark. Sumpter is a small gold mining town. It has a flea market on Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day. We spent a little time on Monday morning looking around. Dan and Lane also rode the Sumpter Valley Railroad. Lane enjoyed the ride and Dan learned a lot of history about the area. Overall it was a fun trip, but it makes us think it may be nice to have a little camp trailer to stay a little warmer.
3 comments:
It sounds like you had a lot of fun, despite the cold. The last time Aaron and I went camping (with the boy scouts) it snowed and I spent most of the morning in the car trying (unsuccessfully) to get warm, so I can sympathize with Owen. We are excited to see you!
Oh how fun!!! Garrett and I have wanted to go camping so many times but have never made time. Next summer maybe. I agree that it would be more fun to have a little camp trailer because I hate being cold and I would be a grump.
You are probably right about the dress. I thought Mom said Grandma made it but you have a much better memory. :) Oh and thanks for the compliment. I don't feel great sometimes so thanks. :)
Post a Comment