Dan and I left with the boys on Saturday to go visit Aaron and family. Our first leg consisted of driving to Missoula. We encountered horrible rain showers and windy roads and Lane got car sick. Luckily our hotel in Missoula had a laundry facility and we were able to wash the barfy clothes and car seat cover. The next leg was from Missoula to Shelby and wasn't too bad of a drive except for the wind. We made it to Shelby and enjoyed a couple nights with Aaron, Gwen, and Penny. The boys loved playing with Penny in her backyard and in the fort made by Uncle Aaron. They also liked dancing with her when songs came on with the movies. We took the kids to the park one afternoon despite the wind. I think Dan and Aaron had more fun racing each other on their made up obstacle courses through the playground equipment than the kids did. Dan and Aaron went riding on Aaron's bike a couple of times and also went shooting once. Gwen and I enjoyed visiting and also going to a super cute gift shop in Shelby. We left Shelby on Tuesday afternoon and took a different route home to avoid the windy roads. We drove to Dillon that day, stayed the night, and continued the rest of our drive on Wednesday. It was a lot of driving, but well worth it to spend time with family we don't get to see too often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh wow how fun! Not the car sick part. Man I'm not looking forward to traveling with bigger kids. It just does not sound fun. But you guys ended up having a great trip in spite of that. I'm glad you were able to visit Aaron and Gwen. I wish we all lived closer together. It would be so great to be able to visit each other on a whim once in a while. I just miss you guys, and seeing you guys once a year is not enough. Love ya.
We sure are glad you were able to come. Penelope has been asking for Owen ever since you left. She never did master Lane's name, but she knows Owen now.
I wish everyone could have witnessed Aaron and Dan trying with all of their might to be faster than the other in the "playground obstacle course." I had a great time laughing!
How did Lane like the books? Did they help distract on the way home?
Thank you for replying so quickly! You are awesome. I should have known that you'd be the first to reply to this though, you've always been so wonderful about remembering important dates in our family. What would we ever do without you. I' so glad you're a part of our family. I love you.
Heidi Pryor did the kids pictures. She told me to let anyone know who's interested. She did a great job. Just give her a call!
Hey guys!!! Blogging is so great! I'm so glad I found your blog! Owen is OLD and soooo cute!
Dan,
Thanks for the challenge on the obstacle course. I wish the time we spent together had been longer. We love your family so much. Take it easy and don't work too hard, that's doctor's orders.
Dr. E.
Oh that reminds me. On our way to my parents after the attempt at fleeing the sick pit at the Heaton reunion, E got car sick. We were half way between Roosevelt and Duschense and she spewed all over the car. A guy pulled over to see if we needed help. When he saw and smelled what was up he high tailed it out of there. hahahaha!
Post a Comment