May 19, 2010

Family Update




I just realized I haven't posted for a month so I will give you all a little update. Dan was recently elected as the HOA president and has been busier trying to get things organized in our subdivision. He has also been busy at work with extra shifts while they train a new jail deputy. He continues to get occasional carpet cleaning jobs, and we always appreciate the extra money to pay bills. He also has two callings, Sunday school teacher for the 15 year olds and Elders Quorum teacher. Two Sundays a month he ends up teaching twice, but he enjoys it and I think it is good for him. I am so ready to have a baby. I wouldn't mind having this baby early. If not, 20 more days! Dan really likes the name Grae and it has slowly grown on me. So if the little guy comes out looking like that name, it will be Grae Gordon Heaton. I am going to work the rest of the month and then be on maternity leave. I am looking forward to being home for the summer with the kids and enjoying a new baby. Lane finishes preschool next week and has learned so much this year. He is excited to start kindergarten in the fall. I have debated a lot about whether to send him or not because he was born in August. I decided to send him and see how things go. Our school district has a great option of what they call pre-first that they can do if they are not quite ready for 1st grade. After reviewing the list of things they will be learning in kindergarten, I am not worried since he already knows most of them. He is sounding out words and will be reading them shortly. Owen is so cute at this age. I love him and the joy he brings into our house. My only wish is that he would decide to potty train. He is in the stage where he can, but won't unless I make him, which never really works well. He enjoys going to story time each week at the library and refers to it as his "school". Lane had a field trip to the local firestation on Monday and Dan took both boys (I was working). They had a fun time there and also enjoyed the coloring books they received from the firefighters. Well that's it for now. Love to you all.


3 comments:

Sarah and Todd said...

JanNeil, I've been wanting to schedule a time with Dan for a carpet apt. My problem is that I always remember at night (like right now). Will you tell him to give me a call to set up an apt.? We have our first apt. with someone to come walk through the house tomorrow and I'm kicking myself that I didn't do this sooner, but better now than a month from now and so on. I like the baby name! All your names are awesome. And 20 more days! Yay!!!!

Unknown said...

Yay, you are getting so close. The last few weeks always seem to drag for me but that baby will be here soon enough.
I can't believe Lane is old enough to be in Kindergarten in the fall. Crazy!
We are excited to see you all in July.

Gwen said...

I must have been signed in under Morgan's account when I commented. Sorry.
Gwen