Sep 10, 2010

Peach Squeeze











Tuesday evening we went as a family to pick peaches at Kelley Orchards. This is becoming a family tradition. The boys had fun running the peaches to the tote after Dan and I squeezed a peach to check for ripeness and then plucked it from the tree. So Wednesday and Thursday were canning days - 16 quarts, 25 pints of sugar free for Grae, and 16 cups of peach freezer jam, and a large bowl left to enjoy fresh. Grae turned 3 months on Wednesday and he is talking and laughing regularly now. I love this age. I feel like he is growing so fast and he likes to sit up and watch what is going on around him and very alert to his surroundings. Sucking his fingers is a new favorite too. I cherish rocking him to sleep and holding him while he sleeps. These moments only last so long. I wonder if these will be my last and if so want to cherish them even more. Okay, enough of this or I will get all emotional. Lane is loving school, well mainly I think recess and riding the bus, since that is all he talks about. Owen is in an emotional phase of screaming, pouting, and whining. I think it is a combo of Lane starting school, Lane bugging him, Grae getting mom's attention, and maybe the middle child thing. This doesn't occur often, but it does wear on my nerves at times. He is so cute and sweet when he is happy and as Dan said yesterday growing up so fast. Work is going well for me and I am still able to take Grae. I hope this lasts for another month or two. Dan is back to swing shift, which I feel is the worst shift as far as throwing our family routine out of whack. Seven more weeks! Dan is now the second counselor in Elder's Quorum and I continue to teach primary. I have the oldest class and I only have one kid that hasn't turned 12 yet. On the weeks he is gone, I am anxious to go to Relief Society. I miss it after being gone for a while. I am enjoying the beginnings of fall and harvest time, my favorite time of the year.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I love Peaches! Mom, Me and Christa all bottled peaches the other day. It's lots of work. I'm glad we did it though so we can enjoy them through the winter. I'm sorry about little Owen. It's a tough age. I'm sure he is feeling sadness and confusion, being the middle child now. Poor little guy. I'm sure it will get better. Sorry that you have to deal with it though, for now. I'm glad you can still take the baby to work. How nice. And do cherish those small baby moments....they are the BEST! Miss you.