We went out this evening to Purdum's to go on the tractor ride out to the pumpkin patch and pick our pumpkins. The boys thought the tractor was cool of course, and even Grae enjoyed watching its big wheels turn. Five pumpkins picked to hold down the front porch equalled 114 pounds! That is a whole person worth. Lane is enjoying school. Owen is still tempermental, but such is life at 3 for him. He went to the dentist for the first time today and was actually really good. Grae is doing much better now that I am on a restricted diet of chicken, white rice, and fruits and vegetables. He has less gas early in the morning, less poopy diapers throughout the day, and is sleep better at night. He loves to reach out for toys and then chew on them or his bib or fingers. He is doing the usual baby cooing and smiling, but began hooting yesterday. We all got a good laugh over it and call him our baby owl. He goes on Thursday for his 4 month check up. Dan and I are staying busy working and being parents, busy, busy, but a lot of fun. We picked grapes and apples 1 1/2 weeks ago and I bottled 32 quarts of grape juice and now need to do apple juice and applesauce. I love this time of year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We have been canning like crazy too. It is fun, but I am so glad that I am done. I am happy to have a clean countertop again. Glad everyone is doing well.
I love your new picture at the top of your blog. You all look so cute!
I wish I could hear Grae's little owl hoots. He's so big now. It's sad that we have to miss so much of each other. Oh, that grape juice sounds delish! You're such a talented preserver.
Post a Comment