May 13, 2012

Kitchen Remodel



We did some kitchen remodeling with some of our tax return.  We tore out the old tile and replaced it with new tile and actually tiled up to the bottom of the cabinets on the one wall.  We painted the kitchen a robin's egg blue, sorry it doesn't show up well in the pics.  I also painted our pantry door brown or as the boys say, "chocolate milk".  We replaced the dishwasher and installed a new microwave above the stove.  We got an awesome new faucet that I am so excited to use during canning season!  Dan made a bench out of our old kitchen table for more seating around the table and you can see the dining area is a warm tan color that was painted last year.  I added a few orange accents around to match the fabric used for the valance boxes above the kitchen window and sliding glass door.  Gotta have some orange! I also made the framed menu planner and list maker from an old frame.  I love the new look and more counter space since we don't have a microwave on the counter anymore.

No comments: