Dec 8, 2008

Ward Christmas Party


Well we survived another Ward Christmas Party. This one ended up being a bit stressful. We had planned on 160-175, but I think we ended up with close to 200. This made the food almost run out, but I think everyone got some. It also meant setting up extra tables in the middle of the dinner. We had to find more plates, cups, and forks for the tables too. Oh the joy! I truly appreciate those in the ward that help clean up and also those that thank me for a great night. I had a friend in the ward ask if I get stressed, and I said no not really, I use to. Now I just plan the activity, carry it out to the best of my ability, pray for a successful activity, and for those that have complaints they can either offer to help out next time or better yet they can do it themselves. Santa came at the end, which all the kids love. Lane actually understands who Santa is this year. Each time we talk about Santa bringing presents, I tell him that he brings presents to remind us of our best present of all, the birth of Jesus. That night at the party he asked for toys and clothes, that leaves it pretty open for Santa to get him about anything that fits in that category. Owen was hesitant to sit on his lap, but we were able to get a quick photo.

I am trying to finish up my shopping, but it seems like there is always something else I need. I hope to finish by this weekend. Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I am glad the party went well. Lane and Owen are as cute as ever. I loved the video of them dancing.

Melinda said...

That's such a cute picture. Lane looks happy about getting to see Santa. That makes it super fun. Poor Owen looks so scared though. Ha ha. Next year maybe. :)