Jan 11, 2009
Primary Begins
Lane started primary last week. I know, where has the time gone? He is in a sunbeam class of 5 boys. We think a new family with a little girl might be in the class too, but we aren't sure if she is old enough yet. Last week after church I gave Lane my old scripture case and one of the cheaper versions of the Book of Mormon. He thought it was great. He wanted to read from his scriptures later that evening during family scripture reading. He did a good job of making up words and sentences that didn't make any sense. Dan and I were cracking up. But at the same time I got all emotional and was crying. I was thinking how cute he is "reading" the scriptures, the innocence of a child helped me feel the spirit, and also how big he is, where did my baby go. Lane went to his first primary activity yesterday. They had a get to know your teacher breakfast. It was a big hit and I am thankful for our primary presidency and all the work that they do. Lane went to primary again today, but had a little rougher time so Dan ended up staying with him for the first hour. Change can be overwhelming to little ones. It feels weird to go to church on Sunday and not have a baby to worry about or even a Sunday calling. I am very much enjoying attending Sunday school and Relief Society. And for those of you wondering how I managed that, I am currently the ward activities co-chair with Dan and also serve as the leader for the 8 and 9 year old girls activity days, both of which leave me free on Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe Lane is that old already. Time certainly does fly.
Post a Comment