Nov 4, 2010

Halloween







We had a fun Halloween weekend. On Saturday, we attended the annual trunk or treat at the church. Our theme this year was knights and dragons. Lane and Owen were knights and Grae was the dragon. I made the costumes and got the ideas on the internet. I quickly put together a medieval looking queen costume for me as well. I planned on wearing a wig with my costume, but it freaked out the baby. Dan had to work and missed out on dressing up. On Sunday, we actually ended up going to Boise to look at a truck. While there, we went to one of the busiest and popular streets to trick or treat at so Dan could get in on the holiday fun. There were literally 40 -50 people at each house waiting for candy or leaving with candy or waiting for kids or just looking at all the awesome decorations. My favorite house had 100 jack o lanterns carved and lit on their front porch. I wish I had my camera, but left it in the car. Silly me. On Monday for FHE we traded in 3 pounds of candy at one of the local dentist offices. He is sending all the candy turned in to the troops. He also gave $1 per pound. So we made $3 and the boys each bought a toy at the dollar store. We talked about being thankful for our troops and freedom and voting. They also did a drawing for a $50 dollar gift card and we won! I didn't even know they were doing a drawing. Along with all this fun, we have a new truck. It is a '94 one ton Chevrolet Silverado with 4 doors. The dakota was just too small for all three kids in the back. Dan also wanted a big truck so we can buy a camper and start camping more often. I am already getting questions about when is Christmas so today we made count down chains for Thanksgiving or for the boys when Grandma comes and one for Christmas. They will both be here really soon. I better get busy.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Good job on the costumes. They turned out great. That's cool that there is a theme each year. I makes it so fun I think! I will have to pass that on to the party people in our ward.