Oct 31, 2011

Halloween Food





I had a lot of fun this year making Halloween themed food. I started with jello worms for Lane's Halloween party. It was so funny to watch the kids with these. There was a handful of girls in his class that ate one and I made Lane eat one. He literally grossed himself out and almost threw up. Owen thought they were great and ate a whole bowl. Grae didn't want anything to do with them and kept pushing my hand away when I tried to feed it to him. He still wouldn't eat one after I ate one in front of him. I did pumpkin pancakes, but forgot to take pics. I also did the mummy pizzas and spider deviled eggs for our family to eat the day before Halloween. Today, I made monster toes (little smokies wrapped in tortilla with a notch cut out to look like a toenail and then filled with ketchup or mustard) and tortilla wraps with cilantro leaf garnish that looked like little pumpkins for our work party today. Sorry no pics of these either. It has been fun to make these foods. I hope my kids build fun memories of the fun foods mom made for holidays, because usually it takes more time.

2 comments:

Sarah and Todd said...

Love the Halloween food! So cute!

Gwen said...

Yuck! I wouldn't have eaten the worms either. :) Looks like fun!