This week was a fun and busy week. On Tuesday, the boys went to a Halloween Primary Activity. They were able to dress up and had fun playing games. They came home with a lot of knowledge about leprosy so they must have played a tag game and some were lepers tagging the other kids. On Thursday, Lane and Owen had Halloween parties at school. I helped out at Lane's party and created a science center for the kids to enjoy. I dressed up like a crazy scientist. I had jars full of things to smell; zombie blood (blue cheese dressing with blue food coloring), witch's stew (apple cider vinegar with tomatoes and plastic bugs), and bat guts (tuna mixed with water). I made some cool jello worms with flexible straws and had few takers on tasting them. There was a magic potion (vinegar) that they stirred up with a spoon of baking soda and food coloring hidden at the bottom. Whatever color their potion was, was the color of prize they won (vampire teeth). I also had touch and feel boxes containing monster teeth (candy corn), monster eyeballs (peeled grapes), monster brains (cooked spaghetti), monster snot (homemade slime), and monster earwax (peanut butter). This too grossed them out and not everyone felt all the monster items. It was a fun morning. Owen had fun at preschool and his party. Grae has been quite the little ham and handful lately. He loves to climb and his new favorite is climbing on the kitchen table. Dan caught him looking at a book in his room in the dark and took this funny picture of him squinting. Yesterday, we had family pictures taken and can't wait to see them. Then we went to lunch at Olive Garden, yum! After, we took the boys miniature golfing. Today, I have been having fun food for each meal. Breakfast was pumpkin pancakes (orange batter with chocolate chips for faces). Lunch was mini mummy pizzas (english muffins, olives, pizza sauce, and string cheese). Dinner is T-bone steak (just got 1/2 a beef and trying out some steaks), mashed carrots, beets, deviled eggs with olive spiders on top, and sparkling grape juice. I will post pictures later. Have a fun Halloween tomorrow!
Oct 30, 2011
Halloween Parties
This week was a fun and busy week. On Tuesday, the boys went to a Halloween Primary Activity. They were able to dress up and had fun playing games. They came home with a lot of knowledge about leprosy so they must have played a tag game and some were lepers tagging the other kids. On Thursday, Lane and Owen had Halloween parties at school. I helped out at Lane's party and created a science center for the kids to enjoy. I dressed up like a crazy scientist. I had jars full of things to smell; zombie blood (blue cheese dressing with blue food coloring), witch's stew (apple cider vinegar with tomatoes and plastic bugs), and bat guts (tuna mixed with water). I made some cool jello worms with flexible straws and had few takers on tasting them. There was a magic potion (vinegar) that they stirred up with a spoon of baking soda and food coloring hidden at the bottom. Whatever color their potion was, was the color of prize they won (vampire teeth). I also had touch and feel boxes containing monster teeth (candy corn), monster eyeballs (peeled grapes), monster brains (cooked spaghetti), monster snot (homemade slime), and monster earwax (peanut butter). This too grossed them out and not everyone felt all the monster items. It was a fun morning. Owen had fun at preschool and his party. Grae has been quite the little ham and handful lately. He loves to climb and his new favorite is climbing on the kitchen table. Dan caught him looking at a book in his room in the dark and took this funny picture of him squinting. Yesterday, we had family pictures taken and can't wait to see them. Then we went to lunch at Olive Garden, yum! After, we took the boys miniature golfing. Today, I have been having fun food for each meal. Breakfast was pumpkin pancakes (orange batter with chocolate chips for faces). Lunch was mini mummy pizzas (english muffins, olives, pizza sauce, and string cheese). Dinner is T-bone steak (just got 1/2 a beef and trying out some steaks), mashed carrots, beets, deviled eggs with olive spiders on top, and sparkling grape juice. I will post pictures later. Have a fun Halloween tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment