Aug 17, 2012

It's a Boy!

On August 7th we found out we are having another boy.  What are the odds.  I guess I am destined to be a boy mom.  I am still adjusting to the thought of another boy.  I kept telling myself if it was a girl it would all be okay and I could handle it.  Now I wonder about handling 4 boys.  Luckily, I have a couple of friends that already have 4 boys and that they are still sane and alive gives me hope.  The ultrasound went well other than the baby's kidneys measuring big.  I will have another US done next month to check things out again.  I am not too worried at this point and feel things will clear up soon.  I am at the good stage of the pregnancy where the nausea and stomach problems are gone and I feel good.  I have had some pelvic pain and back pain intermittent, but this is nothing new to me.  I am starting to show now and mostly wearing maternity clothes.  I am 22 weeks along tomorrow and have gained 8 pounds, which I am pleased with.  I think a lot of that has to do with continuing to exercise.  I love CrossFit!  The baby mainly stays on the right side and is moving more and more.  We have started a list of names.  I told Dan I want to name this one after me so the middle name will either be Neil or Harper, my maiden name.  For first names, we have Finn, Cruz, Judd, Jett, Tate, Emet, Quin, Nash, and Stone.  If we go with Stone, we will be breaking tradition of 4 letter names.  I have a few favorites, but I am waiting for Dan to tell me his.  As I watched my boys the last 2 days, I have become emotional to think of the precious spirits they are and how much joy they bring to my life.  I will be holding another precious spirit in my arms in 4 months.  It will be here soon.  Time will fly this fall as I stay busy with back to school time, canning, and holidays.  I am having the urge to redecorate, which is my form of nesting.  I want to redecorate each boys' bedroom and their bathroom.  I am also itching for new living room drapes and throw pillows.  The others are 8 years old and I feel it is time for an update.  I want to keep the fishing theme in the big boys' room, but want to add new paint and a desk/toy area and reading area for them.  The little boys' room I want to do in a farm theme including wall murals, toy compartment that looks like a barn, and tractor bed for Grae.  Every time we drive and he sees a tractor, cow, or horse, he yells it out and is so excited.  I am thinking fun vertical stripes for the bathroom with new wall hangings to include words of inspiration.  Hopefully, I get all these projects accomplished before the little guy arrives.  I also need to start collecting/purchasing clothes, a car seat, and baby items.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I vote for Finn and Tate and would add Cash to your list. :)