Mar 19, 2008

Dan got the job!

Dan went in for a final interview yesterday with the sheriff for Mahleur County, the county in Oregon that borders Idaho. He was offered the position of corrections officer and of course accepted. We are excited that he found a job in this area. We really didn't want to move right now and especially with the housing market so bad. He will still plan to clean carpets on the side on his days off or when he can while working. Right now they have 3 rotating shifts, 8 AM to 4 PM, 4 PM to 12 AM, and 12 AM to 8 AM; with 5 days on 2 days off. They are thinking of transitioning to 12 hour shifts of 4 days on, 3 days off, 3 days on, 4 days off in the future. Either schedule will make it hard for me to work without putting the kids in daycare. I really don't want to do this, but I know it will be temporary. We are just going to see how things work out. If we can get the debt paid off that we have accrued from starting the business, then I could possibly stay home. I am looking forward to that, but plan to continue working for two more years part-time until the next baby comes so that I can hopefully for sure stay home then. My mom has offered to come up on her days off and help with the kids, but we haven't quite decided how that will work yet. Dan feels like he will enjoy this type of work and I am excited for him. We will post a picture of him in his uniform when he gets it. He starts on Monday.

4 comments:

Dr. E said...

Congratulations Dan! That is so great. We have been hoping and praying that you would get this job. What a blessing.

Trenton & Maren said...

Hi bloggers! We have also decided, like many of you, to make our blog private. If you would like to continue checking in on our site, email us at mkjenks@juno.com and let us know your email so we can add you to our invite list. Thanks! Hope you are all doing well.

Trenton & Maren said...

Just wanted to let you know that you have two very good little boys! Owen took a great nap this afternoon and was so happy the rest of the time. Lane did really good considering he was pretty tired and could have used a nap. Hope Jace wasn't too "loud" for him. I felt bad that he was scared. And I can't believe Dan left that money! Paybacks are heading your way!

Trenton & Maren said...

That is so funny about Lane mentioning the kids in his prayers. Jace always asks if Lane & Owen can stay over night here. I guess they have fun together, which is good!